Tuesday 12 October 2010

Number 1

Ive wanted to write a million things already and knowing where to start was my main concern. Now, getting rid of concern is my main priority.

I am excited about embarking on this new adventure and hoping that the challenges ahead will awaken the inquisitive appetite within me.

I am very disappointed that so far I have not managed to make a campus session. However, I did make it to a short induction a couple of weeks ago. The morning was interesting and confirmed what I had initially found in the hand book and on Libguides. Regrettably leaving early for another commitment, I felt a little discouraged. Driving home, I was anxious mainly because of the traffic, (there were road works and I had limited time, road rage being a less admirable quality of mine), but because I was worried that I had dilapidated my own chances of a good start. I was thoughtful, it seems all I needed to do was make a couple of phone calls and write a couple of emails to rest my nattering brain.

I was frustrated that blogging was not as easy as facebook (I am embarrassed to say), but to my relief I am getting to grips with the whole process. Through using the technologies as tools and my IT skills to their best potential.  I am confident that I will achieve a positive outcome, and will learn as I work through the array of forth coming tasks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    The great thing about this course is that even if you miss a session you can search through people's blogs and get a sense of what happened at the session.
    If you haven't done so already check out Mark's blog...if gives takes you through pros and cons of web based technologies and has just uploaded a great youtube link on auditioning!
    Hope to see you at the next campus session
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a while to get my flow going as well, because I think all of us would prefer not to make mistakes in our professional lives. However, practice makes perfect so we have to go through the awkward stage to come up with a web presence that we are happy with.

    ReplyDelete