Tuesday 4 January 2011

Critical questions and issues that emerge

I'm left open minded, I think differently prior to the start of this module because now I know the importance of 'It's not what you know, its who you know', and how powerful this concept is. Positive mental attitude and engagement of sources heightens learning experience. Its not a question of 'doing tasks' its how you perceive the information that surrounds you and use it to develop knowledge that is imperative.

I need to focus my networking skills and aim to move towards more appropriate networks that will develop knowledge within the industry. I have found that the course repeatedly enforces the fact that I need to engage, be inquisitive and motivate my own learning. All sources provided and suggested, point towards the pros of learning via operative use of technology, it's tools and the information available. Learning from more than one source gives a wider range of learning opportunities. My interaction to date should have been better to aid my learning opportunities. A deeper understanding will come from continuous cogitation, contentiousness and reflective skills. My engagement has been at a satisfactory level of appropriateness, this I feel is because my learning has been rather unplanned despite attempts to structure learning time.

Ideas within the 'Inquiry' task seemed to spark discussion and interesting ideas, maybe this is because dance and creativity is the interest in common. Sharing ideas and communicating with others shifted my thinking into a pro-active state developing and progressing with each different opinion. The planning shifted by considering a third, fourth...  party and maybe incorporating the ideas that would compliment the outcome. Practice can take on a different form when using constructive criticism or advice, by slightly altering the path in a positive way, via enlightenment.

Critical reflection does help make decisions about what really matters and the actions to take. Through reflection, I could come across a conclusion I wouldn't have considered before. This will facilitate the opportunity to look at all the comprising factors that effect an outcome.

Knowledge is supported through the accumulative theories and concepts across the field. Concepts and theories assist thinking about professional networking in different ways, mainly by amplifying dimensions that may not have been considered before and adding ideas that one could incorporate into practice. Different ways of thinking opens doors to rooms that I wouldn't have previously explored.

No comments:

Post a Comment